Frilly Lemon Meltaway Cookies

What could be more lovely than Frilly Lemon Cookies at a Tea Party? I adore Lemon Meltaway Cookies and have been making them for Tea Parties for years. I usually follow the basic directions and form the cookie dough into logs, which are sliced and baked. Today, I thought I'd try rolling the dough out and using my flower shaped cookie cutters! I rolled the dough out using a light dusting of powdered sugar. No problem! After baking, a few cookies had small cracks on the surface but you couldn't see the cracks after I dusted them with powdered sugar. I loved the Ruffles that the Wilton 1M tip made with the frosting! It's so much prettier than just spreading the frosting with a knife! To make sure that I would have enough frosting, I just doubled the frosting recipe. The following recipe is the basic Land O Lakes recipe. To make my version, form the dough into a disc before chilling, then roll out to about 1/2" thick. Cut out desired shapes and bake. When cool, pipe the (doubled) frosting onto cookies and dust with powdered sugar. Lemon Meltaways Cookies 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 3/4 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, softened 1/2 cup cornstarch 1/3 cup powdered sugar 1 tablespoon lemon juice 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest Frosting 3/4 cup powdered sugar 1/4 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, softened 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest 1 teaspoon lemon juice Combine all cookie ingredients in large bowl. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into 8x1-inch log. Wrap each in plastic food wrap. Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until firm. Heat oven to 350°F. Cut each log into 1/4-inch slices with sharp knife. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-12 minutes or until set. (Cookies will not brown.) Cool completely. Combine all frosting ingredients in small bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until fluffy. Frost cooled cookies. Makes approximately 48 cookies. Frilly Lemon Meltaways! The perfect Tea Party Cookie!


Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel